Sunday, March 24, 2013

Holy Week. Greetings from Seattle


Greetings from Seattle, where the two constants in life are coffee and rain. This week I have had lots of both! I am fortunate enough to serve a church that desires to promote growth, both spiritually and professionally, with in the lives of their clergy. So this week I post to you not only from Seattle, but also the 48th Annual Meeting of the Wesleyan Theological Society as well and the 42nd Annual Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies. Obviously I would consider myself a Wesleyan Scholar and a Scholar of Wesleyanism, but I am also a scholar of Pentecostalism, but not a Pentecostal scholar. I am enjoying myself at this “feast of theological thinking”, but as was the case while in seminary, I find little of it useful in my day-to-day service as a pastor. Well... enough of that!

This coming week is Holy week, and though I will not be at my charge for Palm Sunday, I will be present and presiding for the other Holy Week services as well and Resurrection Sunday. The first stop after Palm Sunday that most of us Neo-Liturgical Protestants make is Maundy Thursday, also known as Holy Thursday. This is where we begin. I ask that over the next several days you seriously enter into a time of reflection of the cost of your salvation and how we can present this gift to a hurting and suffering world. Have a blessed Holy Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment